GIBB Engineering

The international engineering and scientific GIBB story begins in 1926 when Sir Alexander Gibb formed what is today part of one of the leading engineering consultancies in the world.  The South African chapter of this story originated in 1956. Since then, the company has developed into a powerhouse with some 600 employees employed in offices located in every major city in South Africa, each offering a full range of services. Today, GIBB has a reputation as a well-known and highly respected company of leading engineers and scientists on the African continent.

GIBB has been involved in the SADC, East African and Nigerian regions since the late 1940s, and currently maintains local offices in Angola, Botswana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria and Swaziland with separate companies established in a number of these countries. Through this extensive office network, associations and long-term relationships with local and international companies, GIBB has some further 200 staff employed, and is able to ensure that the best high quality expertise is incorporated into the timely and efficient completion of projects throughout sub-Saharan Africa.